Jacobson, Goldfarb & Scott, Inc. (JGS Insurance) was established 100 years ago as an Independent Insurance Agency that is privately owned. Our goal is to assure that our customers are receiving the most comprehensive and competitive programs in terms of cost, coverage and service. We are now recognized as the largest independently owned insurance company in the state of New Jersey.
JGS Insurance, located in Holmdel, New Jersey is growing rapidly and as a result has an opportunity for a new Software Engineer. Our new office in Bell Works truly reflects an innovative and exciting environment with state-of-the-art surroundings. Bell Works is the reanimation of Bell Labs into a ‘metroburb.’ The building has evolved into a two-million-square-foot ecosystem filled with business, dining, culture, and more – all conveniently located in central New Jersey. Bell Works was recently named the most iconic building in the State of New Jersey by Architectural Digest magazine and coined “the coolest office building in N.J.” by NJ.com.
This position is located in the Holmdel, NJ office and is responsible to develop, design and implement information systems and perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Involves maintaining and modify programs in existing systems and providing necessary support for the overall objectives of the company’s programs and core business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
- Refine data and format final product.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Test and develop programming modifications.
- Write new program code using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of Underwriting management.
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assist staff of other departments as a computer resource with various hardware/software issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 yrs’ experience in programming including c#, .Net, SQL server, Mongo, Restful client
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems and operations including hardware
- College degree desired; High school diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of insurance and insurance products is preferred
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Good listening skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work outside normal business hours if needed
- Professional designation is a plus