Assistant Account Manager position is responsible for servicing new and existing small Commercial business and Personal lines clients, helping to maintain positive client relationships, and providing a high quality of service to assigned accounts with a focus on the profitability of the business to the agency.
- Review renewal list of policies expiring in the prescribed timeframes to determine appropriate actions
- Rate and prepare quotations when necessary – assist Producers with New Business quoting.
- Prepare and send submissions to carriers/wholesalers and/or perform on-line rating and negotiate terms with carriers
- Prepare renewals per JGS Renewal checklist
- Review quotes and makes recommendations as to best options for price, coverage and risk alternatives
- Prepare proposals including coverage analysis and present quotes to the client.
- Handle client telephone and mail requests for information, endorsements, cancellations and other services as required
- Request endorsements from carrier(s) as required and check for accuracy when received
- Obtain exposure information from clients for new business and updated exposure information for renewals
- Complete Certificate of Insurance and Auto ID cards as necessary.
- Assist with accounts receivable control including monthly aged receivables
- Obtain Premium Financing quotes
- Review audits for accuracy
- Obtain Loss Runs
- Prepare Binders and Invoices
- Obtain MVR’s, where applicable
- Handle all non-payment cancellations for agency billed accounts and follow up for payment accordingly.
- Address billing and payment questions from the client
- Have knowledge and abide by the underwriting guidelines and binding authority guidelines of each company
- Maintain knowledge of current legal and social conditions that may impact adequacy of policy coverage and limits
- Maintain current state license, attend appropriate classes and seminars, and sit for examinations as required
- Ensure that actions protect the agency from claims of liability for errors or omissions and that all tasks are professionally performed
- Assist department with coverage of other desks as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Valid New Jersey insurance license
- 2+ years’ experience on the service side of commercial insurance, including servicing small business clients
- Proficiency in agency management systems and Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with AMS/ImageRight a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to respond to requests quickly, effectively and efficiently
- Ability to meet agency growth and retention goals
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with management and co-workers
- Strong customer service skills to assist the customer cooperatively and courteously
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion with minimum instruction. Good listening and communication skills. Attention to detail
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office (esp. Excel, Word & Outlook): 1 year (Required)
- AMS/ImageRight: 1 year (Preferred)
- commercial insurance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- New Jersey Insurance (Preferred)
- Holmdel, NJ: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com