Jacobson, Goldfarb & Scott, Inc. (JGS Insurance) was established over 100 years ago as an Independent Insurance Agency that is privately owned. Our goal is to assure that our customers are receiving the most comprehensive and competitive programs in terms of cost, coverage and service. We are now recognized as the largest independently owned insurance company in the state of New Jersey.
Our office is located in Holmdel, New Jersey. We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified HR professional with previous success in managing all areas of human resources. We are eager to find an HR Manager who easily connects with people and has a mindset to handle the ever changing nature of the workforce. Our new office in Bell Works truly reflects an innovative and exciting environment with state-of-the-art surroundings. Bell Works is the reanimation of Bell Labs into a ‘metroburb.’ The building has evolved into a two-million-square-foot ecosystem filled with business, dining, culture, and more – all conveniently located in central New Jersey. Bell Works was recently named the most iconic building in the State of New Jersey by Architectural Digest magazine and coined “the coolest office building in N.J.” by NJ.com.
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the functions of Human Resources (HR) including, but not limited to, talent acquisition and retention, employee relations, benefits, administering payroll and compensation, leaves, employee performance, policies and procedures, and ensuring legal compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related business field; Associate’s degree in business field with combination of required HR skills and experience
- 8+ years’ experience in generalist human resource management
- Positive, self-motivated individual with a team mentality and a passion for excellence
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with integrity and professionalism
- Experience managing an HR department of one preferred
- Recruitment experience required, insurance related a plus
- Payroll processing and compensation analysis experience a plus
- Working knowledge of federal leave (FMLA) and state leave (NJ FLA/FLI) as well as NJ PSLA
- Experience with human resources information systems (HRIS) and other HR related programs
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and business writing communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively in deadline-oriented environment
- Critical attention to detail, problem solving and organization skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- HRCI-PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification preferred
- Enhances the organization’s goals by developing, implementing, and continually evaluating human resources policies, procedures, programs, and practices.
- Supports organization staffing by being the primary contact for recruiting, testing, and interviewing candidates; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Prepares new employees for their roles by establishing and conducting orientation, onboarding and training programs.
- Provides outstanding customer service, both internally and externally, exhibiting a high sense of urgency, exceptional follow through, and positive communications both verbally and in writing.
- Manages and administers compensation by processing a bi-weekly payroll, conducting periodic pay surveys; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Implements and maintains employee benefits programs; researches current benefit needs and trends; recommends new benefit programs; and together with senior management evaluates benefit contract bids.
- Provides information on medical, dental, vision, accident, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), life and AD&D, long-term and short-term disability benefits and 401(k) retirement plan to employees; and facilitates changes to employee data and coverage within the carriers’ websites.
- Maintains the work structure by reviewing and updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions to include compliance with ADA guidelines.
- Oversees appraisal of employee performance and encourages managers to coach and discipline employees; schedules management conferences with employees; hears and resolves employee grievances; counsels’ employees and supervisors; and addresses requests for reasonable accommodations.
- Conducts internal investigations, maintains records of same, and represents the organization at hearings or other legal examinations as needed.
- Prepares and presents employee separation notices and related documentation, conducts exit interviews and analyzes data; follows up on all required matters related to post employment including COBRA and unemployment.
- Administers time & attendance system and manages all paid time off, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), New Jersey Family Leave Act (FLA), New Jersey Family Leave Insurance (FLI), and other leaves.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing new and revised applicable federal and state laws concerning employment law and related legislation.
- Maintains a human resources information system (HRIS) that meets management information needs.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by maintaining HR certification(s) as well as attending educational workshops, participating in HR related webinars and being part of professional organizations and societies.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Human Resources management
- Talent acquisition
- Benefits administration
- Compensation and payroll
- Employee Relations
- Performance management
- Leave administration
- Policies and procedures
- FSLA Classification
- Employment law and best practices
- Training and development
Job Location: Holmdel, NJ