Jacobson, Goldfarb & Scott, Inc. (JGS Insurance) was established 100 years ago as an Independent Insurance Agency that is privately owned. Our goal is to assure that our customers are receiving the most comprehensive and competitive programs in terms of cost, coverage and service. We are now recognized as the largest independently owned insurance company in the state of New Jersey.
JGS Insurance, located in Holmdel, New Jersey is growing rapidly and as a result is looking for a driven and high-energy individual with experience in benefits account management. Our new office in Bell Works truly reflects an innovative and exciting environment with state-of-the-art surroundings. Bell Works is the reanimation of Bell Labs into a ‘metroburb.’ The building has evolved into a two-million-square-foot ecosystem filled with business, dining, culture, and more – all conveniently located in central New Jersey. Bell Works was recently named the most iconic building in the State of New Jersey by Architectural Digest magazine and coined “the coolest office building in N.J.” by NJ.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take ownership and lead with assigned clients.
- Ensure client satisfaction and retention.
- Follow proactive service timeline for managing the client’s benefits program.
- Overall accountability for HRconnection and Zywave, including building HRconnection sites for clients.
- Compliance for client benefits program, including ACA filings.
- Create wellness programs and initiatives for clients.
- Evaluate, negotiate and present renewals to clients.
- Assess claims experience and share with clients to keep them informed and anticipate proposed carrier renewal actions.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with current and new carrier partners.
- Request proposals from carriers and analyze RFP (Request for Proposal)
- Create spreadsheets containing information on RFPs specifically tailored for each
- Prepare open enrollment guides and other communication materials for client
- Travel to and attend client meetings, employee education and open enrollment meetings.
- Determine new ways to increase value proposition to clients.
- Provide guidance, support and backup to Assistant Account Manager in all areas of their responsibilities – enrollments, billing, claims advocacy, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5+ years benefits account management experience
- Extensive experience with group insurance products
- Advanced level proficiency in Zywave/HRconnection preferred
- College degree or equivalent education plus experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Must have and maintain valid appropriate NJ Life & Health insurance license
Job Type: Full-time
- Zywave/HRconnection: 3 years (Preferred)
- Benefits insurance account management: 5 years (Required)
- NJ Life & Health insurance (Required)
- 25% (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Team Lead
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org