Jacobson, Goldfarb & Scott, Inc. (JGS Insurance) was established over 100 years ago as an Independent Insurance Agency that is privately owned. Our goal is to assure that our customers are receiving the most comprehensive and competitive programs in terms of cost, coverage and service. We are now recognized as the largest independently owned insurance company in the state of New Jersey.
Our office is located in Holmdel, New Jersey. We are growing rapidly and as a result have an opportunity for an Administrative Clerk as an addition to staff. Our new office in Bell Works truly reflects an innovative and exciting environment with state-of-the-art surroundings. Bell Works is the reanimation of Bell Labs into a ‘metroburb.’ The building has evolved into a two-million-square-foot ecosystem filled with business, dining, culture, and more – all conveniently located in central New Jersey. Bell Works was recently named the most iconic building in the State of New Jersey by Architectural Digest magazine and coined “the coolest office building in N.J.” by NJ.com.
Position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support and completing all assignments in a prompt, courteous and professional manner. This includes providing needed support to all departments in order to help meet the overall goals of the organization.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year administrative or clerical experience required.
- Strong customer service skills to assist customers (internal & external).
- Professional and courteous telephone manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Handles all duties in a high volume environment in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow instructions with attention to details.
- Effective organization and prioritizing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Follows all agency policies and procedures.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists sorting/distributing mail (electronically and hard copy) in accordance with JGS standards.
- Assists with scanning documents.
- Handles certificates of insurance.
- Covers reception desk when receptionist is out to lunch or out of office.
- Assists all departments with administrative tasks as needed; including but not limited to mailings, putting together marketing pieces, information folders, binders, etc.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Brings certified mail to local post office when needed (Note: leave 15 minutes early to get to Post Office).
Job Location: Holmdel, NJ