This position is responsible for providing prompt, accurate, courteous service to customers, producers and company personnel. The essential duties and functions (in no particular order) include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Prepare Client Meeting Agendas and document and confirm meeting outcome and/or any other relevant communications with Client via Meeting Minutes or similar confirming memorandum.
- Proactively manage the renewal book through Pre-renewal strategy plan to include initiation of pre-renewal meetings with the Sales Producer and/or clients, develop executive summary, prepare renewal questionnaire, review claims and loss control, and conduct survey of alternative renewal options.
- Facilitation of remarketing accounts to include preparing renewal applications for carrier submissions, perform online rating (when necessary), and negotiation of coverage, pricing, and services.
- Conduct coverage analysis on renewal options vs expiring insurance program.
- Prepare renewal proposals per JGS Commercial Lines standards.
- Obtain premium finance quotes when requested.
- When required present renewal proposals to Commercial Lines accounts.
- Prepare and review all renewal applications and assist in quality control process of policies, endorsements and audits for accuracy.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the operations, exposure, and coverage on each commercial lines account.
- Grow and develop talents and insurance knowledge to highest level possible.
- Be a resource for others in the firm for those talents and insurance knowledge.
- Provide, with a positive attitude, a high level of support in obtaining, maintaining, expanding and servicing commercial accounts.
- Service and renew Commercial Lines account as assigned and aid in all client services matters.
- Assist Accounting in the collection or resolution of premiums matters per established agency procedures.
- Attend meetings with current client(s) and prospective client(s) with producer or company representative when requested.
- Initiate, prescreen and help Assistant Account Manager in preparing endorsement requests for Commercial Lines clients.
- Help Assistant Account Manager in the preparation and processing of cancellations when required.
- Support and advise the Assistant Account Managers when needed on requests for Certificates of Insurance as required within 24 hours of the receipt of request.
- Conduct contract review in regards to insurance specifications.
- Manage, setup,and maintain account files per agency procedures in AMS360 and ImageRight/WorkSmart systems.
- Notify Sales Producer of any unpaid policy premiums, audits and/or disputes and set appropriate actions in accordance with established agency collections procedure.
- Manage Assistant Account Managers in the preparation of Evidence of Property, certificates of insurance, auto ID cards, and binders.
- Deliver policies and related documents to Commercial Lines accounts as needed.
- Maintain and manage suspense items in a timely manner.
- Be current on insurance industry changes of rules, forms and coverage changes through circulars, bulletins, trade publications, seminars and schools.
- Participate in seminars and continuing education classes for skill and knowledge development.
- Service Commercial Lines Accounts in a manner to eliminate gaps in coverage, thus reducing E&O (errors and omissions) exposures.
- Prioritize workload and/or request assistance as required.
- Assist other agency departments in securing and/or providing information necessary to issue appropriate policies in their department for which we have a mutual client.
- Meet periodically with clients to discuss and handle their insurance needs.
- Assist JGS’ Claims and Risk Control and any other parties in providing coverage information.
- Keep Sales Producers fully informed of all important activities on their accounts.
- Assist all other departments and producers in cross selling and account rounding.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
- Required Valid New Jersey insurance license
- 5 years’ experience on the commercial lines Account Management, preferably Middle Market and Large Accounts
- Proficiency in Agency Management Systems (preferably AMS360 and ImageRight/WorkSmart and Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to respond to requests quickly, effectively and efficiently
- Excellent presentation, listening, and communication skills
- Ability to meet agency growth and retention goals
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with management, clients and co-workers
- Strong customer service skills to assist the customer cooperatively and courteously
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion with minimum instruction
Job Type: Full-time
- commercial lines Account Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Agency Management Systems (AMS360, etc): 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- New Jersey Insurance (Required)
- Holmdel, NJ: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org