Jacobson, Goldfarb & Scott, Inc. (JGS Insurance) was established over 100 years ago as an Independent Insurance Agency that is privately owned. Our goal is to assure that our customers are receiving the most comprehensive and competitive programs in terms of cost, coverage and service. We are now recognized as the largest independently owned insurance company in the state of New Jersey. Our subsidiary, AURA, is located in Hallandale Beach, Florida. AURA is a program administrator for umbrellas for commercial and habitational real estate and hotels/motels risk, offering limits from $5 mill to $100 mill.
Position is responsible for data entry of accounts into our agency management and rating systems, issuing policies/endorsements, sending loss runs to brokers and providing prompt and courteous service to underwriters and brokers. This includes providing the necessary support to the overall production and profit objectives of the department.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 1-3 years’ experience working for an insurance agency, wholesaler or insurance company a plus.
- General Liability and/or Umbrella Liability experience a plus.
- Knowledge of computer systems/operations; knowledge of AMS 360/Image Right a plus.
- Experience with MS Office, including Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Solid customer service and relationship building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively balance various work demands at the same time.
- Ability to handle a high volume of transactional business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Importing new online submissions into the rating system.
- Complete underwriting file documentation by adhering to established underwriting standards.
- Issue Umbrella policies and invoices accordingly.
- Issue non-monetary endorsements, such as mailing address changes.
- Bill transactions (new and renewal policies, endorsements and cancellations) in AMS.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to complete assignments within the parameters of instructions provided, prescribed processes and standard accepted underwriting practices.
- Assists with special projects as necessary and performs other tasks as directed by other senior members.
Job Location: Hallandale Beach, FL