A large consulting firm in New York had a long standing relationship with their Property & Casualty broker for over 20 years. The consulting firm provides field inspectors for the utility industry. The field inspectors are responsible to ensure the utility company’s construction contractors install gas and electric underground facilities, substation or other assigned projects in compliance with Federal, State, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations. The field inspectors are responsible for all failures in enforcement and oversight. After the controller left the company, the client felt it was perfect timing to explore new relationships. Through a partner referral, the consulting firm contacted JGS to assist with placement of Directors & Officers coverage.
- Diagnostic Review of Operations
- Client was concerned about the structure of their insurance program and if they had right coverage in place.
- Educate the Client
- Reviewed coverage triggers and exclusions provided under their existing insurance program.
- Exposure and Coverage Analysis
- Revealed the client had no policy in place for their professional services and environmental liabilities.
- Restructured the commercial insurance program to reduce potential coverage gaps by combining Contractors Pollution Liability and Errors & Omissions.
- Cover cases in which error or omission causes release of harmful pollutants.
- Errors & Omissions to cover alleged mistakes, advice, failure to perform professional services, and defense cost for law suits against their company.
- Eliminate cost of multiple premiums of payments for separate policies.